Friday, May 29, 2009

Two weeks gone already!

So it has been around two weeks since I have first come out to the Park and they have suprisingly gone by quite fast! So since I was last on here I have went on two hikes, one for the overnight I mentioned before but then one over the holiday just for fun! The one I went for fun was absoltuly amazing!!! We hiked the first part of Bunsen peak and then down to Osprey Falls were there is a HUGE waterfall (I just posted pics of being out here so check em out). So we got to the falls which was a nice hike down but a pretty tough one back up but all worth it in the end, the fall is so big an so massive that when you get down to it so much water is comin around that it feels like you are being rained on! When we came back up the incline, which raised over 1,000 feet in elevation in a little under a mile an a half, pretty rough for my first hike in awhile lol. When we cam out we actually ended up coming back onto the wrong trail and hiked our way into Mammoth instead of over Bunsen Peak back to the car. This resulted in us having to hitchhike our way back to our car! But people are so nice here it took no time at all. The guys I was with Sean an Jason, are pretty fun so we decided to just go into the town for some good food, enter the Buffalo Burger! So delicious! If you have never had bison, you need to, it is so lean and about 100x better than a regualr burger.

The next day was a pretty lazy day, I treked up Elephant back which on a normal day is a simple trail, but not all of the snow had melted off so it made the climb just a little difficult, I was gettin into snow about hip high every so often. It was cool at the end though to look out over the entire lake!

The next day was my first trip into the back coutry to the Clear Creek Cabin an fish trap, a four mile hike in was pretty awesome, not to much wildlife was seen though. When we got there we did some stream redirection and some flow adjustment, nothing to serious and then just got to relax and I got to know Brian a little better, and he is a real cool guy, I look forward to working with him this summer, I know it will be a good time.

As for now though nothin else going on that is eventful except that I found out that Anni will be visting come the first week of July! I am pretty excited for that!!! Other than that I am having a blast out here but still missing everyone at home!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment