Monday, May 18, 2009

Trip In Part 1

Most of you reading this already know what I am up to this summer but for those of you still in the dark let me fill you in. I recieved an internship with Yellowstone national park and will be there all summer studying the native cutthroat trout of the various streams and lakes within the park. My hope is to be able to access this blog at least once a week so I can share my stories and photos on here, but we will see how it all works out!

So today i left for the wild west lol. I flew from BWI into Denver which let me say is a huge and very packed airport! From there I flew on what had to be a 50 year old plane held together by gum and duct tape to Bozeman Montana, population, my cab driver. The ride to my hotel was an experience in itself, we droped a couple off who lived in a silo that had shadely been turned into a rancher, it was quite odd. However even more creepy was the little old lady behind the desk at the hotel im staying. It feels homie but it is in the middle of nowhere and looks like something right from the horror films lol. I am jittery for tomorrow though, I will be getting picked up and taken to the park and hopefully digging into my home for the next 85 days (thanks for the count Anni) either that or it will be crashing on my bosses couch for me!

I do want to take this minute to let everyone know that I am sorry if I didnt get to see you before I left York/Bmore it was pretty hetic but I will make sure to see you all when I come home!

That is all for now keep checking back for more updates, hopefully they will at least be weakly!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment